Sunday, September 20, 2009

Precious Moments

Will sang in church last Sunday for the Primary program. The whole program was so beautiful. I've never heard our children sing so well, it seemed they were little angels singing about families. Well, towards the end, Will got up to the microphone and sang "I love to see the temple" all by himself. I was really nervous for him, but he did such an amazing job. The lady in front of us turned around with her eyes popping out after it was over and he got so many compliments of how well his sang, right on pitch, from people for the rest of church. One lady in nursery said, "Who was that little boy ...?" And I said, "It was my little boy," with a grin. It was such a special, sweet moment to hear his angelic voice, if I hadn't been nervous for him, I probably would've been crying.

The funny thing is that he took some singing lessons this summer for fun. They talked about singing out and looking at the audience. This must have given him great confidence because he wasn't shy or scared at all. He even sang the same song for my mom in Relief Society a few weeks earlier. It was as if he was already prepared for the event. I just had to make sure I had very little to do with the assignment. I told the leaders that if they ask him, he'll do it, but if it comes from me, he'll refuse. (so fun being mean ole mom) But it worked out just beautifully. One man said it even sounded like the children you hear on the church cds. It was such a sweet moment, a precious gift that I can hold onto for years to come.

No comments: