Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Playing Around

Alex has been totally enthralled with Will's Thomas Train sets lately. The tracks often run through the living room and kitchen. One night, Kimball even set them up to go from Will's room out in the hall, to Ella's room, and back again. I was cracking up when I saw Alex making a tunnel with his legs and hands.

This train was actually long enough to pass under Ella and Alex at the same time. So cute.

I took Alex to get his 2 year pics done the other day and the woman there happened to have a small steel train that she handed to him. Alex gasped and said in excited, reverant tones, "Oh yeeaaahhh!" and "Thaaaank you." She couldn't stop giggling at his enthusiasm.


Alex had so much fun taking his pictures. He kept giggling and high-fiving the photographer. It was the best photo shoot we've ever had. Afterwards, Ella said, "Mom I wanted them to take my picture, too. I give such good smiles." She really does. I told her next time we'll do both of them. Love the self-confidence, though.

Speaking of funny things the kids say. The other day, Will lay his head on my stomach and got some kicks on his cheek. He giggled and was so excited. Then came the question, "How did it get in there anyway?" He then hypothesized, "Do you just hurt really bad for like 30 days and then everything you eat turns into a head and then grows a body?" I think he's interpretting morning sickness, but he wasn't too far off! He sure got me giggling.

No comments: