Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Our New House

Can you tell how excited everyone is about our new place??? Well, truth is it's been a lot of work. We discovered a few surprises as far as kitchen cabinets and bathroom cabinets and toilets, etc. We also spent a week of late nights painting away a plum bedroom, a torquoise bedroom, a black and grey bedroom and a yucky brown living room and hallway. It was a ton of work. Not to mention selling our old appliances and buying new ones, ripping out stinky baseboards, replacing some carpet and replacing a bunch of windows. Fortunately, we had a ton of help from our families and neighbors. I guess it's handy that we moved just down the street from our old house and managed to stay in the ward. The house is a third bigger than our last place and right now we can't quite tell the difference, but I think it will be really nice once we get everything put away. For now, we just have to enjoy what we can!


It may have been an unexpected surprise but we love our new kitchen cabinets and appliances. Sometimes a disappointment can turn into something great! Our amazing neighbor behind our house spent hours putting in our kitchen faucets and disposal, our dishwasher and toilets! I'm not sure we could have even moved in without his help. Kimball's brother also risked his life helping us install the microwave, something funky with our electrical setup...




I love all the light that comes into the kitchen and that it's big enough for people to hang out since it's where we spend most of our time!

This little rascal sure slows things down. I've got my hands full when he's awake. Such a monkey!

No comments: