Thursday, April 18, 2013

Hope of America

On April 18th, Will got to participate in Hope of America, where thousands of fifth graders perform Patriotic songs at BYU's Marriott Center. UVSC's Green Man Group performed some awesome percussion numbers. They have tons of energy!



The kids were wearing different colored shirts to make the flag, complete with stars and stripes. They spent the first 30 minutes of pre-show performances filling in gaps. Kids from the outer edges were moved inside and put on different colored shirts to get everything just right. Talk about organized!


 Can you see Will? I didn't think I'd find him, but I thought I recognized his teacher and sure enough found him in the bottom white row, five in from the left, right above the O in Hope! It was so cool to watch him perform! The kids did some awesome songs with great choreography. It was really touching to see so many kids move at the same time, performing sign language and symbolic gestures to each song.


These ladies were hilarious. They are between 50 and 94 years old and they were rockin' out to Gangnam Style and other fun songs. I think they were the biggest hit of the night!


There were a lot of numbers interspersed with the kids Patriotic songs. This was a fun cultural one.


The last song of the night was really beautiful.The kids sang "We Can Be A Light" and it was awesome to see the light sparkle all over every surface in the Marriott Center. It was a really fun night. I'm glad I brought Ella with me. We really enjoyed it!


1 comment:

Ross and Kathy said...

What a awesome event. Looks like Will had a great seat too.