Tuesday, February 10, 2009

From the mouths of babes

Sometimes the things they say are just so precious:

A few days ago I put my arms around Kimball and said, "We should go somewhere. We could just get in the car right now and go. We could go to . . . New York!" Will looked up at us with scrunched eyebrows and a wrinkled nose. As if New York was a barren wasteland and the most boring place he'd ever heard of he said in disgust, "Why?" It was like, "Why should we leave everything we've got right here?"


Several nights ago while Kimball was tucking Ella in for bed she said, "I just really (wiieee) have to tell Mama something." He said, "What do you have to tell her?" She responded, "I just really, really want to be mawwied." I'd always heard of girls who dreamed of their weddings and dresses, etc. but never felt like I did that myself. Here's proof that they do exist.





And finally, yesterday, Ella fell apart when Kimball left to visit the neighbors for a few minutes. I gave her a hug and said, "Why do you miss Daddy so much?" Through her sobs she said, "Because I love him the bettewest." I tucked her on the couch to watch a movie as she repeated the phrase and I said, "But what about Mama? You don't love her?" She looked intently at me as she said, "Well, I just love you the mostest." You can't ask for a better response than that!


2 comments:

Adam said...

Is that like a quality vs. quantity thing?

Jacque said...

It could be! I was just amazed she came up with a different but equally good work for ranking!