Some days being a mother is harder than others. I have gotten pretty good at being patient most of the time, but then there are days like yesterday when Ella took a toy cup, tossed it in the air and knocked down Alex's baby picture, busting the frame in three pieces. A few hours later, she took her ceramic dish and dropped it into the sink. She was trying to be responsible, putting her dirty dish in the sink, but of course, was completely unaware that it, too, would break into several pieces.
I foolishly thought it was just a fluke, that this last bout with three year old antics was now over, and then today, she came downstairs and said, "Mom, when I goed pee-pee like a kitty cat, it made a mess all over the floor and on my legs. But I cleaned it up." Of course, when I reached the bathroom I was presented with pee all over the floor and toilet. I then explained that we can't sit on the potty like a kitty or a froggie because it makes a huge mess and that that isn't good at all.
I'm afraid to find out what surprises tomorrow will bring!
5 comments:
All these years, I was wondering what I was doing wrong...
If you're a girl, you're never quite sure WHICH way it's gonna go.
lol
YIKES!! not jealous of you today!
It's so hard to get upset when they have such good intentions.
But it's so hard not to get upset when you have to clean it all up.
Post a Comment