Tuesday, July 13, 2010

sweet moments

The other day Will was asking Kimball what his middle name was. Kimball said, "It's the same as Alex's." Will said, "David!" Then, Ella said, "Daddy David? That's weird." We all giggled.

Alex learned a new dance called "Tooty-Ta" where you stick out your thumbs and bend your knees and stick out your bum. He was so stinkin' cute!

Will has been helping Alex do lots of things this summer. He is so sweet and patient with him.

Watching Ella read everyday is so nice. It's amazing to watch her put the words together and get pulled into the little stories.

Alex is doing gymnastics this month and is a crazy gymnast! He runs from activity to activity with the biggest smile on his face. He's trying to do things all by himself and it's pretty amazing to see how strong this little toddler is!

The other day Mimi climbed up the ladder of our playset and went down the slide by herself! Crazy dog!

Ian has just started reaching and batting for toys. The one thing he wants the most right now is his little toes, but he just can't seem to manage to reach them. He settles for his fingers, but he is getting really strong, trying to sit up all by himself. He manages cute little giggles now, too, but they are always accompanied by a strong kick which sends him flying backwards. Good thing he fits snug in our arms still. =)

Did I mention Kimball is building a shed from scratch this summer? Well, it came in a kit, but that's about as close to scratch as I've ever seen. Simply put, he's amazing.

Somehow I'm surviving four kids at home this summer: getting them to do chores, helping Ella read, and trying to keep them from killing each other all day, so, I guess I'm pretty amazing, too. ;)

5 comments:

Breanne said...

Cute! Nice new background, too.

Ross and Kathy said...

I think you're all amazing.

Barney Family said...

Yes, You are!!!! Don't forget you got all the activities for our trip booked, too!

Lisa R.D. said...

Cute blog Jacque! Thanks for sending the links... you have a gift for writing, that is for sure. Hope you have a great day!

k said...

I miss you guys :) I think the last time I saw you you only had Will or something crazy like that. How did you get four kids?!?!?!?!