Monday, November 22, 2010

green moustache

Okay, so some of you know how I dabble in whole foods, raw foods, veggie dinners, etc. Not with tremendous passion, but we're trying to incorporate healthier eating when we can! Anyway, I stumbled upon this website http://greensmoothiegirl.com and have enjoyed her approach because it focuses on the things you can do to pack more healthy, living foods into your diet. One of those ways is with a green smoothie (water, spinach, apple, banana, etc.). We've done smoothies before, but I got out of the habit. When I re-discovered the ease, quickness, and health benefits of them, I was all about trying to get my kids to have some, too. Well, I don't have the fanciest blender and sometimes they turn out more chewy and less smooth-y which the kids don't really love (although the flavor is still great). A few weeks ago she posted a series of pictures of kids with their Green Smoothie moustaches and it worked like magic! The kids totally wanted to drink some so they could get a green mustache, too! I snapped this cute one of Alex.

1 comment:

Ross and Kathy said...

Do you cook green eggs and ham too?