After Will got his buckle fracture right before Fall Break, Alex got a similar buckle fracture on Thanksgiving Break. Maybe it's the word "break" .... Anyway, it healed pretty quick, only 3 weeks in a splint. Then, the first week in January, I was cutting Will's hair in the bathroom and he passed out and fell like a soldier, hitting the bathtub with his face. He rolled over, completely out and I started screaming for Kimball because I couldn't lift him up. Luckily, he only had a cut on his chin that didn't even need stitches, but they did a lot of tests in the ER to check his blood sugars, heart, hydration, etc. I had asked him to stand up for his haircut, which I have never done before because I wasn't feeling well. I think he locked his knees and got light headed. Anyway, I have to say I prefer the breaks and kids crying to someone unconscious for sure!
So, as I mentioned earlier, Jane's birthday party was exciting because Ella and Alex decided to go down the biggest slide at kangaroo zoo together. Alex slid faster and Ella landed on his hand, breaking three fingers toward the bottom of his palm. I still made him play with his hand broken, too. As he got hurt just a few minutes after we got there, I told him if he didn't play a little, he wouldn't get any cupcakes...
Mom of the year award, right here!
We wrapped his arm for a couple days 'til the swelling went down.
We had this nice kid sized sling that Will got after his first break...
Here we are at the Doctor's office just before Alex got his cast on.
Luckily, it was the opposite arm from his first break and not his writing hand this time.
See the blue fingers? They turned a really dark purple after a few more days.
The center of his hand was purple, too.
The x-rays showed the break was actually down in his palm at the base of the fingers.
He chose a blue cast and man was that thing rock hard! We were so happy when it finally came off!!!
I'd like to say we've had enough breaks to last a while now, but I did that after the second one, so I'm done trying to put a stop to it. I'm grateful we at least made it as long as we did without any major injuries.




1 comment:
HOLY COW! Wait until they start getting scars - but that's OK 'cause Chicks dig Scars.
Post a Comment