Thursday, November 6, 2014
It all works out... sometimes
Last year Will and Alex played chess after school and Ella sat and did her homework in the library. This year, the librarian checked with the office and they said that students must be enrolled in a club or have parental supervision after school. I told Ella that it was not going to work out for me to drive up and back twice with baby and Ian after school (round trip of 25 minutes). Plus, the thought of entertaining baby and Ian for 45 minutes or so while we waited was not so exciting. If she couldn't do chess, I'd have to take the boys out. It was a stressful day and I was tired. I knew that it would be awful for Will and Alex, but couldn't quite bring myself to working out a resolution. So, I went to pick her up and as we sat waiting in the car, I thought maybe she could get a ride home with someone we know who lives in our part of town. Just as we were getting ready to drive around to get the boys, this family friend was driving through the parking lot. I walked up to her and worked out the details. In my stress and frustration (lots of frustration) I wasn't able to acknowledge how nicely that worked out for everyone, without even having to make a phone call. Someday, when I am well rested, I will be very grateful for that. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment