Thursday, December 10, 2015

Things I love

I love that Emmett loves reading books. He sits with them all around him. Points and chooses specific ones. Flips through the pages and says different sounds. Pauses and says "Snoooore" on the Snoozers book. And I love that he says "diddle diddle diddle" like I did when I was little.

Earlier this week I rewarded Emmett for being good at not one, but two music stores by handing him a kazoo. At first he just blew and blew into it, perfectly content, but I had to kneel down for a couple minutes and try to get him to make it sound. He did it! And then he played the kazoo all the way home. It is one of the most adorable things...

This morning Ian said to me, "Isn't Emmett the cutest?" And I said, "I don't know you're pretty cute, too." He said, "Yeah, Emmett's number 1 cute and I'm number 2 cute and you're number 3 cute!" Then he said, "And Dad's number one snuggler and you're number 2 snuggler." I could die of cuteness...

And earlier this week Will decided to wear his snowboots to school (no snow on the ground right now). When I questioned him as I was about to drop him off he said, " Why not? Ella wore her boots to school." I said, "Those were fashion boots, not snow boots." He shrugged and clunked his way into the school. It was so adorable. I love that even though he is a know-everything teenager, there are still a few things he doesn't know. ;)

No comments: