He is also crawling faster and faster. Sometimes he looks over to where I am and then makes a mad dash for the dog food in the laundry room. We have to run now to get there in time. I keep the door shut a lot, but then we forget to open it and Mimi can't eat! Emmett has also started to learn to arch his back when he can't get his way. This makes holding him very difficult when he is upset. Despite the occasional meltdown and probably 5 to 6 dirty diapers a day! he is so adorable. He has the cutest smile and he will tilt his head to the side and raise one eyebrow sometimes while he's smiling which just makes me laugh. He also likes to dance, even to our kids' music practice!
But the very best thing that melts my heart, is when I go to lay him down and he is happy and grabs hold of his little blanket, rolls to his side and then looks up at me and smiles with those beautiful sleepy eyes, with his little cherubic face and the peace of his angel spirit ready to drift off to sleep. That is the best moment. The kind of breathtaking, heart-swelling joy that I would take for a hundred dirty diapers, several tipped over dog dishes, and even a couple middle of the night screams when he is teething. :)


2 comments:
That's so adorable! Who's cutting onions in here?
I think he looks like Alex.
Post a Comment