Thursday, April 9, 2015

visiting Grandpa

So, Thursday we went and saw Cinderella at the theater. It was such a nice movie! Then, we headed up north to Fullerton to visit with Grandpa Ross and Kathy. We forgot to take pictures! But there were a few fun moments that I wanted to record.

I told the kids that I wasn't sure what we would eat for dinner with Grandpa Ross, but that I needed them to be really respectful and kind and if they didn't like it they could take a couple bites and that was fine, but just to remember to have really good manners. Alex was so grown up talking to Grandpa. He asked some good questions about Chinese vs Japanese food and culture. Ian managed to stay on his seat most of the time, though he couldn't resist eating all the sweet and sour sauce and sticking his fork in his ice water and playing with the ice cubes. The next morning we heated up the leftovers for breakfast and you should have heard the complaints from a couple of the kids. "I don't want that for breakfast! I'm not eating any of it! I did not like the sauce! I did not like the chicken!" Hahaha  When I said, "But you ate it fine last night" I got "You told us to be nice! We didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings!!" Wow! They really did a great job! I didn't even think they'd listened to me telling them to have good manners. :) There aren't too many meals that everybody likes, so it's not too surprising that they didn't like some of it, but I was impressed that they were kind and had zero complaints the night of. Good job, kids!

A lady at the Chinese restaurant that we ate at with my dad said I had beautiful children. I was kind of expecting to get looks and surprised faces when people saw us walking around, but I didn't expect some really nice comments. One lady in a line at Legoland said I must be very patient 'cause it would take a lot of patience to raise that many kids. Then, the kids got restless in line and started hitting and punching each other. I'm not sure if patience equates with too much lenience sometimes, and I also don't think I'm very patient, but I supposed I am more patient than I was with one or two kids.

At the Chinese restaurant we were discussing our different personalities in regard to our "Year of the (animal)." It seemed to be true for each of us in some ways. The funniest was between Ian and me. We need to beware of each other... ya think!? Then, we opened our fortune cookies and almost all of them reflected something that was a big part of our lives. Alex's talked about being healthy and Will's talked about not having any troubles at home. I think mine even mentioned having peace and Ian's was something about good things naturally coming to him. I think Ella's said something about being brilliant or creative. I think even Kimball's talked about having more money in the coming months. It was crazy how perfectly fitted they were! I should have saved them, but it was cool to have such a neat time there.

No comments: