Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Beach Day

On Tuesday, we went to Crystal Cove State Park just north of Laguna Beach. It was fun to explore some different parts of the park and we ended up on this beach with the most lovely sand ever! It was a little chilly and Emmett didn't like the sand, so he stayed in his jammies mostly on our laps and I kept towels on him and me. The kids had a lot of fun playing in the sand and they actually all worked together to build a fort to keep out the waves. It was the most peaceful hour of our whole trip! Having a bit of time with them getting along and not fighting was priceless! I even saw a little sea otter pop its head up out of the water right near the waves a few times. 

Emmett was really amazing on our trip. He stayed upbeat despite shortened naps, slept great in the master bedroom closet, and didn't even take a nap our second day at Legoland, but he didn't have a meltdown or fall apart. The day after we got back home to Utah he woke up at 8:15 and then leaned into me and cried when I tried to put him down to play. I laid him back down and he slept 3 more hours. Then, he was up for barely 2 hours when he needed another nap. He was shaking when I woke him up. The poor little guy was hammered! When we were in one of the lines at Legoland he saw a giant green dragon laying on a stroller and started doing the cutest Rar growl at it. It was so adorable I made Kimball go win him a dragon. It was a bit smaller, but he loved playing with it and growling at it. So cute! I just went to check on him in his bed and I think he is just the most precious, sweet, beautiful little boy ever.



No comments: