Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Teacher's Pet

I have to confess that I used to be a teacher's pet. I loved staying after school to erase the chalkboard for my 1st grade teacher. I loved it even better when I got to help with grading or writing things out for her. I enjoyed talking to the teacher as a friend and getting the inside scoop, as well as the special treatment in class and favoritism, when it was given. So, that lasted pretty much my whole life, but as I grew I tried to hide it a little more. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, then, that Will got in the car from school and said "the whole class was being bad today, but I was being good." And "we were supposed to be coloring our papers but everyone was just scribbling theirs, and the teacher held mine up and showed everyone that mine was what it was supposed to look like." He then said, "Cause it doesn't matter how fast you get it done, it only matters how good a job you do." Awww. I'm so proud. Following in his mother's footsteps. . . .

1 comment:

Breanne said...

This picture is the perfect thing to go along with this post.