The other day Ella came over to me with her mouth full of lunch and said, "Okay, mom, let's talk about it." I asked her what she wanted to talk about (I thought maybe she wanted to negotiate how much she had to eat), but with up-raised hands she emphatically said, "Santa!" Like, come on, we really need to figure out this Santa-thing. Is he coming to my house? Am I going to get any presents? What's everyone talking about? I made her finish her lunch and then we had a little discussion about Santa. She seemed quite pleased and satisfied after I informed her that Santa would indeed bring her presents right to her house.
A few days ago I tried to tell Will that our fish, Harry, seemed like he wasn't feeling very well. (He's pretty much given up eating.) He usually slows down every winter and spends most of his time at the bottom of the bowl, but this time just seems to be taking its toll. Anyway, Will was sad for a while and I explained that we could get a new fish to which he said, "But it won't be the same fish." I said that was true and then he asked me, "Could we get a poodle instead?" Thanks to Grandma for that idea.
Speaking of Grandma, Will was with her the other day and this was their conversation.
Will: "Wouldn't it be nice if this was just the beginning of summer instead of the beginning of winter?"
Grandma: "Well in some places around the world it is the beginning of summer. Everything that's below the equator is starting summer right now. Places like Australia and South America ...."
Will: "Well maybe we should go to those places when it's winter time here."
Grandma: "Well in the beginning of winter we get to have lots of parties like Halloween and Christmas and we get to go to Grandma's house and have a party, but then when it's January and February there aren't anymore parties and some people do go to those places in those months."
Will:"Well I know. We should just have another party at Grandma's house and then we wouldn't have to go to those places!"
You gotta hand it to him.
5 comments:
I think Will has the right idea - party all winter long!
Those conversations are so cute. My kids still are at one word sentences: "Food!" "Candy!" "Food!" "Candy!"
Kids do seem to have some brilliant ideas. What would the world be like if we could just do what seems best to a 6 yr old? Jack says he wishes I could taste food with HIS taste buds once, then I would decide to serve candy at every meal...
That's so cute!
Ooh these quotes are so adorable.
Post a Comment