I guess it's that time of year when you reminisce on the "good ole days." But some things your kids do just make you remember when you were a kid. Ella has started playing with Barbie dolls and can role play with her dolls and plastic horses for a good couple of hours. It is such a familiar, comfortable feeling hearing her soft chatter in the background as I do chores. I feel so lucky to get to have a daughter like her. She frequently tells me I'm beautiful and comments on my outfit choices. She also has a keen attention to detail and notices when things are clean or dirty or out of place. She also gives such sweet hugs, often followed with an "I love you." Little girls definitely have a precious charm about them.
*Another Ella moment* I bought a lot of dress-up dresses the day after Halloween because they were 50% off, but unfortunately Ella was with me and has a memory like a steel vault when it comes to dress up! So I later told her we had to wait til Christmas and wrap them in presents (even though she knows they're in my closet, on the floor... easily accessible). The other day she said that Santa would give her her dress up dresses, the pink fairy one and cinderella and snow white with the shoes. I said, you want Santa to give you those? But they're in Mommy and Daddy's room. She said, "Maybe he could sneak into your room and get them and wrap them in presents and put them under the tree for me." So, Santa, if you're reading this, you don't have to go to any extra trouble over here. Apparently, all Ella needs is for you do some wrapping so she can have her dress up dresses!
1 comment:
wow, the girl is not one to stumble over ceremony or tradition, eh?
Post a Comment