On October 13th, Kimball's dad passed away from a heart attack. It was a very sobering experience. I know it isn't something that's easy to deal with, but it definitely brought the whole family together. The funeral was very touching and some really sweet memories were shared. It was great seeing so many relatives all together to celebrate his life. I learned quite a few interesting details about him right up to the point when I had to take 2 little restless munchkins out to the foyer. I was glad to let Kimball listen and not be too distracted by them, though. Ella and Will really wanted to stay close to Grandma the whole time. I think they felt a special closeness and love for her. These pictures are back at Allen and Jessica's house after the funeral. We had a really nice get together with all the siblings! It was wonderful and touching to see everyone together.
Ella got to take this frog from school to take photos with on her trip. Later, she printed a few pictures up to share with the class. It was a great way to get some fun photos of family. This is Kimball's mother's mom (Grandma Huckstep) and two sisters.
This would be almost all the little ones piling wrestling with Uncle Jon. I'm not sure how he can take it! And Uncle Allen is on the left with little Logan and Lincoln.
We actually stayed here for our trip with Uncle Allen and Jessica. Isn't she a beautiful Aunt! They were amazing hosts and we were so comfortable and well taken care of during our trip.
Aunt Amber, of course! She can make anybody smile. =)
Ian working hard to figure out a puzzle.
When he got one in he did the cutest little clap! I think he just barely started clapping. It's so cute!
Here's Ian's gigantic mouth getting ready to eat the cupcake! Whoa!
And there is the tiny bite that actually makes contact with the cupcake. Such a funny boy!!!
Here's all of Kimball's brothers and Amber together. They went out to play basketball that night which was another fun memory they had of their family and their dad. Angela actually couldn't make it this evening, but had been in town doing a bunch of things to help out her mom earlier that week, like a complete bedroom makeover!


No comments:
Post a Comment