I think about a year or so ago I realized that I didn't mind potty talk at the table so much any more. It usually meant that everyone was laughing instead of fighting. That being said, I think we have reached a new level of acceptance in the area. The other day everyone was sitting at the table eating their sandwiches and Will said, "Wait, who cut my cheese?" Bursts of giggles erupted around the table. Ella said, "Who cut my cheese?" More giggles. Then, Kimball, while trying to hush them without laughing himself said, "I cut everybody's cheese." And everyone lost it. I admit, I couldn't help from giggling myself.
Then, the following night, I'm not sure how, but I started singing a new version to the popcorn song: "I looked in the diaper and what did I see? Lots of poopoo that was so stinky" Alex got upset that I was saying potty talk and I explained to him that 10 years of changing dirty diapers has earned me the right to talk about poop as much as I want. Ella couldn't resist and had to write the next two lines: "Emmett's brought me such a nice surprise. Brown and yellow right before my eyes." "Eeeeewwwwwww!!! That's so gross." I told her. Then, we had to finish the song of course. "I can take a wipey and wipe his bum. It smells so bad that I want to run. I really want to go, but I have to stay... wiping all of Emmett's cuckies away."
No comments:
Post a Comment