Yesterday I gave Ian a bath. When he got out he said, "What kind of shirt is that cause I really want the Thomas shirt." Then, he took a glance at his Lightning McQueen jammy, giggled, and let out a guffaw and said, "O" giggle, "It's my favorite guy." giggle
He can be so cute and funny sometimes. Today on the way home from taking the kids to school he said, "Mom? Since it's no school day, I can just get my jacket and shoes on and then I can go to Sophia's house." (He's been asking to play with her for about a week.) I said, "I talked to her mommy and she said next week would be good." He said, "Next week? Wait, do we have to do another Christmas?" I said, "No." Then he said, "Wait, is next week in seven days?" I said, "Yes." And he said, "Phew!" I was wondering why he asked about Christmas, but I quickly realized he was trying to figure out if a week was seven days or one year! What a smartie!
Today Ian learned how to say his R's!!! We have been working on it here and there for about a year. Most of the websites I've checked have said it's usually one of the last letters for kids to learn and they can get it as late as 6 or so. He got pretty close one day when I was teaching him to put his tongue up to the top of his mouth and close to his teeth. He usually just says an ''l'' instead. Today he was walking in the hall and he said longow and longER. I said "Ian! You said your R!" He gasped and clasped both hands over his mouth with a huge smile. I asked if he could do it again and he tried it and did it two more times! It was so exciting!!! I mean, I was planning out speech therapy for when he got into kindergarten and wondering if he would ever get it! And he had been trying a lot, too. We were all so excited. He's been practicing with lots of words ever since, like glitter, and later. Such a cutie!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment