Saturday, October 18, 2008

the best babysitter

Our babysitter came over today. We found her a few months back on ksl.com. She comes once or twice a month and watches the kids on Saturday while we work on projects or go on a date. Today we brought home tacos for lunch and had a picnic outside. She kept laughing at the kids and said it was the most she'd laughed in about a week. That made me feel so good. I always feel guilty when I have someone watch my kids. But she seems to really enjoy it which is so precious. The kids love it when she comes because she does fun things with them that I am sometimes "too busy" to do (or clean up). Today they painted, blew bubbles outside, and she even pushed Alex on a little toddler truck which he just giggled about. We got a ton of yardwork done (now that it's practically winter already). So, it just turned out to be a great day--apart from the sore muscles. =)

2 comments:

gretchen said...

That is so great that you have a good consistent babysitter. You're good to get the yard work done - I would probably choose a date every time! :)

Jacque said...

Yeah, I need to go on more dates, but sometimes I go and just talk about all the things I want to get done and feel really guilty. I need to learn how to have fun better.