Friday, October 24, 2008

I see you.

This morning Alex saw me in the full-length mirror attached to the bathroom door that goes between our bedroom and the bathroom. I was sitting on my bed while he was in the bathroom. He smiled a big grin and then grabbed the door and pushed it halfway closed to look behind. He repeated this at least 3 times. It was so adorable. He'd look at me, smile, then look behind the door. I finally got his attention and he crawled into the bedroom.

This one's for yesterday: On the way to the store today, Will was figuring out our errands and explaining how I could rearrange them according to which store was closer. As we pulled into the parking lot, he said, "I sure am a smart kindergartener. Well, other kids are smart too. I'm so glad Heavenly Father gives us so many skills to think and do things. I'm just really grateful." Every now and then I wonder if our kids realize how blessed they are and every now and then I think they do.

No comments: