Friday, September 5, 2008

Attached

I guess I've realized that part of the reason I've been so nervous for Will and worried about him, was that I didn't really plan or prepare for him being gone all day. Sure the first day or two were nice. I read to Ella and painted her fingers and toes in nail polish, ran several errands, and finished up two books I've been reading. But, I didn't realize how much I'd miss him (even though he drove me crazy this summer!) He is such a Huge presence in our family and I didn't know what to do with myself without him here.

So, it was a sweet moment when his kindergarten teacher called me up this morning. She was checking to see if I'd decided where Will was going for sure, but she also let me know that she had checked up on him and his teacher said he was just fine, just your average first grader. That made me feel good and I told her, "He's loving it, but I'm miserable!" She laughed and said her youngest child was graduating from High School this year. If I'm this bad with First grade . . . . But she said I should just keep myself busy, and I have. After all, summer was a challenge and this is a time to actually work on some of the things I've been putting off. Anyway, it was a nice bonding moment. She said she just went to check up on him because "Even after a week, you get attached to those little guys." You really do.

1 comment:

Hugs from mom said...

Take note of that teachers name and get her for Ella! You don't find teachers that care that much very easily. I'm glad Will is doing well. That was so nice of her to check on him.