Friday, September 19, 2008
The Big Slide
Tonight we went to McDonald's (I know, I'm ashamed). I spent all day making cookies that didn't turn out and couldn't face the kitchen anymore. So, anyway, it was actually really nice and empty for a change and the kids had a nice time playing. The last couple of times we've gone to a playland, Ella has been too scared to go down the slides. A few months ago I actually had to climb into the playland and grab her and bring her down. So, tonight I was really nervous for her, but she had her big brother to show her the way. The first time, she completely balked at the idea and ended up climbing all the way back down through several tunnels to get out. The second time, with much encouragement from Will she actually took the slide! It just happened to be the tallest slide with like 3 twists and plenty of time stuck in a dark, yet colorful tube not knowing when it would be over. She was so pleased with herself when she got out that from then on there was no holding back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment