Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Separation Anxiety

Every morning I take the kids to school and the second they stand up to get out of the car Alex falls apart. He just can't handle them leaving. I think he knows they will be gone for a long time and he doesn't want them to go. Will stops to give him a kiss through the tears, but it's little consolation. Then, as we turn the corner, he stops crying and seems to accept the half empty car. It isn't exactly a happy moment, but today, on the way home, I thought how wonderful it is that he loves his brother so much. He has such a strong bond and admiration for him that it creates that strong of a reaction. When Will gets home, it's a bit of the same story. Alex wimpers and Will has to give him a nice greeting with a hug and a kiss. I never really knew that siblings could have that great of an importance and influence in each other's lives--despite the nagging, teasing, and complaining they also do.

No comments: