Saturday, September 6, 2008
Saturday Morning
Saturday mornings can be rough. The kids have to do their chores at 9:00 before much of anything else can happen. But this morning, when I came down the stairs, Will was getting out his violin. He said he wanted "extra practice." It wasn't long before I was on to him. He has to earn 30 points to get a toy out of the toy box and he was up to 14. Violin practice earns him 5 more. I was amazed as he did a great lesson, picked up 30 things off the floor (yes there were that many), did his whole chore, which requires sweeping the floor, shaking out the rugs, and moving and replacing the kitchen chairs, then went upstairs and got dressed, and finally spent at least 10 minutes cleaning up his room and making his bed. Of course, he earned all of his points, but I also fell on his bedroom floor because his room was "so beautiful it knocked me over." That was a really great Saturday morning. (Ella did her share of dusting the piano, taking clothes to her room and getting dressed, so they both enjoyed a new toy.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow!
Post a Comment